Can speakers be tested?

I think my Magneplars have been damaged by UV light. I had strong sun coming through large windows and passing across the speakers for at least two summers.

They weren't connected at the time but I recently hooked them up and they suck!

Can they be tested to see how much they vary from spec?

Thanks - rev
revnice
Rodman: You nailed it, they rattle. So assuming the glue has come unglued, what can be done about it? They're an older model MG 1.6 (fronts) MG CC2 (center) and I think they're obsolete.

Even if they could be repaired, would it be worth it?
revnice,
The delamination is not a hard fix. There are folks around here who have done it themselves. If you start a new thread titled need help with magnepan delamination you might get a response.
I've repaired Maggies in the past, by carefully cleaning the damaged(deteriorated glue) areas with acetone and Q-tips. Then very slightly dampening the wire/mylar juncture and applying Gorilla Glue, with a toothpick. The stuff expands like crazy, as it cures, so- I wiped everything but what was actually under the wire away(immediately), with a clean, damp piece of diaper(no lint). Some sections of wire would lift away from the Mylar. In those areas; I used a small piece of Scotch tape(with the end folded over, for easy removal) to hold the wire down, applied glue a bit short of the tape(both sides of it), and came back to it(removed the tape and finished the stretch) after the glue cured. The stuff holds like a gorilla, is extremely light when cured and remains pretty flexible. You have to look at working on speakers(in general) as a labor of love. It takes an extra dose of patience, when Maggies come unglued.