McIntosh Group purchased by PE firm

Highlander Partners out of Dallas TX

Link: https://wnbf.com/binghamtons-legendary-audio-equipment-maker-mcintosh-labs-sold/

Second time in 10 years they have been bought. Will be interested to see what this means…

osodelnorte

One of the three companies I worked for that was bought out by PE went bankrupt a few years earlier and was bought in bankruptcy by one investment company, who sold their interest to another a few years later, etc.  The guy who I worked with had 25+ years with the company and his retirement was all in company stock, which evaporated as a result of the bankruptcy.  He wasn't quite old enough to retire.  When the next set of investment firms bought the company, they outsourced most of IT and offered to "rebadge" him to the outsource firm, reducing his annual salary by $12k, reducing his vacation benefit by two weeks, increasing his contribution for health insurance, etc.  As you can imagine, he said "no thanks" to those "generous" offers and quit suddenly.

I sure hope that McIntosh had a 401k with a decent match and that the line employees participated, in case my story (above) will apply to them.

True larsman. I just think it's best to let things unfold S they will instead of thinking of the worst and hanging the crepe before anything bad happens.

Is this why I see so much used Mc for sale now. And more than a few dealers listing a good bit of Mc inventory?