The review wehave been promising is up

128x128audiotroy

Getting back to the subject at hand.  Has anyone who actually spends their hard earned money heard this piece of equipment?  I'd love to get an impression from a user that plunked down $7500 to see if they feel satisfied with their purchase.  

jjs49 I completely agree with you. Retailers and manufacturers should not use this forum to sell their wares. It is OK to raise awareness and be helpful in sharing information or knowledge, but we can all see when lines are crossed into territory where their self interest in selling is blatant and tiresome. This discussion forum would be overrun with every other post being to sell stuff if all industry people here did what these guys do.

It's nice that some users care so much about this forum and seek to improve it, but the fact is that what they or I think about it doesn't matter. What matters is what the moderators have decided. They're the ones to contact for those who seek change.

Like it or not, the content you see on this site generally has the moderators' blessings. Posts that are violations are subject to deletion and serial or especially offensive violators have been banned. That's just how it works.

Just keep in mind that the posters here who are not involved in the audio industry except as users of the products are even less objective than those who work in the industry. They have less experience with a variety of audio products, have a lower level of listening skills and their tastes in audio gear and music are all over the map and we have no idea where those tastes are on the map. There are exceptions, of course, and you can have a conversation that provides useful information about a product you’re interested in.

People write rave reviews here for gear that I have sold because I didn’t like it or just found something better. There are all kinds of people raving about gear that has to be the best because they own it. There are unofficial clubs, think Vandersteen or Magnepan, where the members think there is no question their brand is the best, and for those people that may be true, but not necessarily for everyone.

I don’t have a problem with posts by dealers in general or Dave Lalin in particular. If I go into a dealer’s store I expect him to try to sell me the gear he sells. I would fall over if he told me, You know, the guy across town sells what you need. It’s much better for you than the stuff we’re selling.

If I find that I don’t like the posts of a particular contributor, I don’t read them, and I take all posts with a huge grain of salt.

I don’t have a problem with posts by dealers in general or Dave Lalin in particular. If I go into a dealer’s store I expect him to try to sell me the gear he sells.

Except this isn’t his store you’re walking into, it’s a forum for people to share their advice and opinions.  As stated before, several other dealers/manufacturers post here without issue because they provide information and, unlike audiotroy, don’t promote their products as being better than others or claiming the other recommendations made members here are inferior to the product he sells.  THAT’S the problem and what other vendors here DO NOT do.  See the difference?