Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli

So I pulled the trigger on a pair of Double Impact SEs today (Charcoal).  I have been looking for a speaker upgrade for many months and have thoroughly enjoyed the process, but it was time to make a decision.  I think I listened to over 20 pairs of speakers and, of course, I have not heard the DIs, but all the enthusiasm here and on You Tube pushed me over the edge (plus I can always return them).  

The conversation about Tekton in Agon reminds me of Tesla.  Both Tesla and Tekton don't fit the conventional model and many doubt their technology and reliability - how can $3k speakers be so good?  How can an electric car take me on a road trip across the country?.  The converts (fanboys) defend the products and often get indignant when challenged.  The trolls pop up with naive, unsupported and (often) stupid comments.  Of course with Tesla I was able to drive it (many times) to confirm the superiority of the technology, but I am not able to return it (although they are currently worth more than I paid for them) - we have two.  

I will be pairing the DIs with my Hegel H160 and replacing a pair of Linn Majik 140 speakers.  I really like the Linns and think Linn speakers (all of them) don't get enough attention and respect from the audiophile community.  I hope the DIs are an upgrade for me - the Teslas certainly are.

Let's keep this thread going!

Congrats! You made a wise choice. Let us know your impressions once you get 'em in. 

Jcs01,

Mine are not broken in yet but they sound better every week. One thing I did notice with them was that they tend to reveal more of what is good or bad in my recordings. If I have a terrible recording they sound awful, but when I put on a good recording they sound sublime. So really take your time when they arrive.... and you will see where the name comes from ....double impact. They make a strong impression! I am sure your Hegel will make them sing.