Vandersteen Forum

I bought an older pair of Vandersteen 2Ce and did not like them. Found out one woofer was crackling (what I did not like was poor tweeter and midrange). I went onto the Vandersteen forum to see if changing a component or two would better the sound than 25 year old speakers. In 2022 almost anyones speakers sound better than 25 year old Vandersteen technology. 
The replies raised my eyebrows. I was just wondering if anyone else has had any experience with that forum and did they find it cult-like or is it just me?

128x128geworthomd

oh yes and Vandersteen, just two pair and the amazing liquid cooled hybrid tube and solid state high pass M7 amplifier…

@bkeske God, i hope my wife doesn’t read this thread, i’m not even close to point five $ M

"In 2022 almost anyones speakers sound better than 25 year old Vandersteen technology."

I guess I should have known we might be dealing with a bulb that is not the brightest on the Christmas tree.

I bought an older pair of Vandersteen 2Ce and did not like them. Found out one woofer was crackling (what I did not like was poor tweeter and midrange). I went onto the Vandersteen forum to see if changing a component or two would better the sound than 25 year old speakers. In 2022 almost anyones speakers sound better than 25 year old Vandersteen technology. 
The replies raised my eyebrows. I was just wondering if anyone else has had any experience with that forum and did they find it cult-like or is it just me?

My set of 2C are about 38 years old now, and they sound fine.

In addition to the other posts about the RMA, your saying that you spent $4k for a used set that and being told that it was too much probably was not well received.

I am on a few of the various cult fora… Here, Vandy, ASR, and others.

I am not sure about your chiropractic work, but you did seem to put a few people noses out of joint.

Anyone want to buy some 2Ce’s really cheap?

Where are they at, and how much?

"In 2022 almost anyones speakers sound better than 25 year old Vandersteen technology."

And… there are many speakers that do not sound as good.

One would think that starting with more knowns would be an easier starting place, but it is amazing how many modern speakers have cabinet issues and a host of other kindergarten problems, that were known and solved 40 years ago.

The 2C are not perfect, but their flaws are strengths are pretty well known.

reading through all these posts on this thread, must say a few elements are surprising/amusing

-- if someone knows they have a blown/malfunctioning driver in a well respected speakers (even a NOT well respected one), why would they not have that repaired first and foremost -- before making ANY assessment or comment?

-- why talk anywhere about redesigning such a speaker without ever hearing it working as it should be, much less go to the brand followers’ forum to complain?

-- all this from a purported MD/medical professional?

man o man...

"i drove around in this porsche i just bought with a flat tire, geez it just drives like crap, so i went to the porsche forum, asked people can this car be made to drive better if i went to jrz coilovers instead of the stock bilsteins... and man, those people had nothing useful to say, just told me to fix the flat, don't modify anything, and wouldn’t engage on anything else.... what jerks..."

"i drove around in this porsche i just bought with a flat tire, geez it just drives like crap, so i went to the porsche forum, asked people can this car be made to drive better if i went to jrz coilovers instead of the stock bilsteins... and man, those people had nothing useful to say, just told me to fix the flat, don't modify anything, and wouldn’t engage on anything else.... what jerks..."

Pretty good analogy....

B