McIntosh Group purchased by PE firm

Highlander Partners out of Dallas TX

Link: https://wnbf.com/binghamtons-legendary-audio-equipment-maker-mcintosh-labs-sold/

Second time in 10 years they have been bought. Will be interested to see what this means…

osodelnorte

Not fact is they are not what they were and reduced their US footprint by 50 % give or take.  Zero was harsh and not factual but the point is they are not the Iconic bran they were.

Bro, you lost me at “Mc has been 3rd rate forever and will remain so.”  Haters gonna hate. 

McIntosh has weathered the storm in the past. I believe that they will do so again and find a path to ongoing audio growth. The negative commentary adds nothing! Only savvy fate plays an important role here. The administrative powers of McIntosh are in a much better position to decide the future of American built audio gear than any naysayer is. What shall be, shall be. Like McIntosh or not, we should all hope the future resides in Binghamton, NY. 

@bigtex22  Sorry about that.  I guess it would be better to have posted:

Its 1960.  Let's go listen to a Mc + Klipschorn system.  Maybe they will play that thing where the train whistle goes from one speaker to the other...you know, STEREO.

Better?

Pretty face-plates and mil-spec components (Levinson) do not an accurate signal path make, sorry to say.  I like Mc, but if you are worried about their downfall after being purchased by yet another PE company, I wouldn't.  They will still be popular with a specific crowd, and I am sure their circuitry has improved a bit over the years to be closer to better companies today.  After all, they have to charge enormous prices to make sure the PE gets its cash back before they guarantee the first loan.

Cheers!

Well, looks like that private equity firm came up with a great idea to recoup some money and spread that McIntosh love: a $1,500 faceplate tacked onto a box.

Al the best,
Nonoise