McIntosh Group purchased by PE firm

Highlander Partners out of Dallas TX

Link: https://wnbf.com/binghamtons-legendary-audio-equipment-maker-mcintosh-labs-sold/

Second time in 10 years they have been bought. Will be interested to see what this means…

osodelnorte

Another person who cannot face the facts. Oh joy. That's okay. GE's largest segment is in the crapper as aerospace has been in the tank for 4 years. less than 20% of the manufacturing capacity of GE in in the US. Yep a juggernaut. 

juanmanuelfangioii

Another person who cannot face the facts.

I simply disproved your claim about "brands like General Electric that has zero US manufacturing now." Please don't try to to make our discussion about something else.

Not fact is they are not what they were and reduced their US footprint by 50 % give or take.  Zero was harsh and not factual but the point is they are not the Iconic bran they were.

Bro, you lost me at “Mc has been 3rd rate forever and will remain so.”  Haters gonna hate. 

McIntosh has weathered the storm in the past. I believe that they will do so again and find a path to ongoing audio growth. The negative commentary adds nothing! Only savvy fate plays an important role here. The administrative powers of McIntosh are in a much better position to decide the future of American built audio gear than any naysayer is. What shall be, shall be. Like McIntosh or not, we should all hope the future resides in Binghamton, NY.