Revel Performa 3

My last thread on this topic ended up under music somehow, but anyway has anyone actually heard these ? The promotional video on Revels web page looks very promising. They are coming out next month, Thanks, Christopher
chrissain
I wanted to like the Revel speaker, but was disappointed. There are much better products out there.
I recently stopped by a Revel dealer to listen to the M106's. I told them I was thinking about upgrading to them from my Paradigm Studio 40 v4's. They told to bring in some of my music and they'd set them up for me but that they doubted the M106's would be an upgrade over my paradigms. I'm still going to check them out though.
Some of these guys have an agenda.one guy says he was dissapointed
And better out there? What kind of statement is that ? Compared to what,
And where did you listen ? Somethng as small as using different cables
Can change a speakers chemistry and balance ,way to many variables
To make a blank statement. I listened to many speakers some 2 X the revels, and they hold up very well, a very balanced loudspeaker
With a natural warmth. If you are looking for a cool sound, or forward sounding speaker these are not , this speaker is a 4-5 th row perspective.
I have now heard the f208. To say there are much better speakers out there is laughable. I would put the new Revel up against any speaker under 15,000. I think they are giant killers.
I have yo go back and retract part of my statement on the f-206 being a bit better then the f-208 I found out the 208 I heard only had 75 hours on it,and truthfully they take so full 400 hours to get the low frequency drivers to relax this includes to the mids to a lesser extent.the 208 Xover slightly different then the 206
And bigger drivers has noticeable more mid Bass which I like more prat,this being so gives the impression of better detail.i have since bought
The 208. For a med room say 12x14-16the f-206 is very good just keep it around 2 ft or less to the corner boundries.Anthony at Perotta consultants
Has a nice demo pair in a nice gloss black ,you can probably get a good deal on .these Loudspeakers are excellent top to bottom and probably the most extensive - expensive test facility in the world,that should tell you something about the R&D that went into them .my uncleis In pro audio design and is good friends with Kevin V,they went to Worcester Polytech
Together ,from counterpoint,to Snell to a Revel one smart guy.