Revel Performa 3

My last thread on this topic ended up under music somehow, but anyway has anyone actually heard these ? The promotional video on Revels web page looks very promising. They are coming out next month, Thanks, Christopher
chrissain
I think Revel's old line look way better aesthetically. Isn't the sub a little much for a sub price wise? I dunno..
01-11-13: Chrissain
I own Revel f32s and can say they are not that tube friendly, Irun them with Rogue m180 monos, what info do you have that the performa 3s are more tube friendly ? It would be great if they were !

I`m using a Rogue ST90 Tube amp with KT120`s in it with Revel F52`s and they really sound nice together..great musicality.
Are there design differences between the F32`s and the F52`s that would make the smaller ones more difficult to drive ?
Just curious
@Audioman58,

Do you have any post break-in impressions of the M106 that you could share?

Much thanks.
I have 2 audio systems I sold my pendragon-SE for B&W 802D
I bought rom my brother,nothing more to read into there.
The Revel Perfoma M106. Is a great speaker that I bought for my med room 16x 14 . I had a SVS sealed 12 sub it is a perfect match below 50 hz.
On breakin give these speakers 300 hrs of playtime .theydo go through changes the first 2 weeks from dark to thin to balanced then closed in but after 200 hours they opened up very nicely. They have excellent lock on imaging. Superb integration highs to midbass and with this new waveguide Excellent dispersion soundstage width and height .these are a $5 k
Monitor all day long a very natural Very refined presentation .
Even without the subwoofer you get very respectable midbass down to around 50 hz I cross it over around 70 hz to the SVS sealed subwoofer.
IMO a unbeatable combination for under $2500 very close to reference sound and a nice natural warm balance .the new Sonus Faber venere
is nice but not in he Sam league this 106 is better across the board.
Go look up this speaker online ,even though they just came out in Dec-12
They were the talk of the Jan12 CES show, and for floor stander s
The F208 is unbeatable at $5 k it beat Sevral speakers in the )20 k
Range no BS what so ever listen for yourself .
You will see a review inthe next few months in TAS magazine on the 106,
And 206. For the money None better even at 2x the cost !!