Old CDs and records

I just came to the very belated realization that my many years’ collection of thousands of CDs  and (most likely) records are probably extinct and hence worthless. Unless I go through the arduous task of cataloguing each and every disc for resale, the mass collection is just so much junk. 
I could donate the collection.  But, at this point, does anyone want antiquated technology when streaming is so easy and prevalent. 
Anyone have any ideas?

128x128rvpiano

I have 90% classical CDs and records.  Maybe rock and pop are desirable, but I don’t think my collection is that viable.

@rvpiano  - I have no experience using these website but maybe check them out and see if you find it useful . The 2nd link has a list of companies that sell classical, possibly they buy them as well ; nothing to lose by checking them out

Most public libraries lend CDs and therefore accept donations of used CDs. In my experience, the library especially appreciated donations of classical and jazz music.

A library won’t value your CDs for charitable donation purposes, but ItsDeductible will provide a generic value. Thus, under the right circumstances, you can turn your unwanted CDs into a tax deduction. But even without a tax deduction, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing that your music is widely available.

Good luck!

Have you checked the very lively used CD market on Amazon and Discogs lately?

There are thousands of classical CDs commanding considerable prices.  It does depend on composer, composition, performers, label, but a lot of repertoire, especially the more out-of-the-way stuff, is highly desirable.

Now, yes, selling them individually requires lots of work, if that's what you really want to do.  My 1300 or so are staying put.

The owner of a vinyl store thinks that CD sales are on the rise due their pricing relative to LP's.  What goes around comes around.