Horns

Dear all audiophile I am planning to buy and try horns speakers the 2 speakers I have zeroed in are hRONS overture which were there in the munich 2022 and the 

Viking acoustic grande voix has any one here heard them to speak which one is better Ibelieve cost does not mean good sound always.

your answers will be much appreciated.

jasbirnandra

Auto-tech has been making many high-quality horns for a few decades their new company http://horns.pl/en/speaker-sets/universum-3-way/  is based on long-established DIY offerings and would be a great choice. 

Listen to horns before buying. If you are used to other types of speakers you will find horns have a unique sound and specific attributes that you may or may not appreciate. 

audition__audio. --  Every speaker has a unique sound.  I have had Wilson, B&W, and Sonus Faber speakers.  All were different.   I now have horn speakers and I love them.  As far as unique sound to the horn....hmmmm, I don't agree.  I do think that live recordings on a horn are like being at a concert hall.  

Well I believe that the type of transducer has a huge impact on the sound of the speaker. So the difference in sound when comparing dynamic speakers is not as significant as comparing dynamic speakers with horns or panels. I have never heard a horn speaker that sounded like a dynamic speaker nor an electrostat. I think the sonic differences are very fundamental and very easy to recognize.