Looking for advice re: amps for Dynaudio Contour 20i

Hello all. This might be a huge mistake (I don't want to start an internet war), but I find reviews to be less than perfect. Can anyone who actually has Dynaudio Contour 20s or 20is offer any advice on a good amp to pair with them? My budget is $5-$6k. My primary concern is imaging, I am current using a Marantz Model 30 and SACD 30n. 

noob504

Just to add to this: are vintage Krell and Levinson Class A amps recommendable? I guess the real question I'm asking is, would the performance of such an amp be considered poor compared to the new Class A A/B amps?

Years ago, I owned a pair of beautiful Contour 5.4 Dynaudio's in Gorgeous Rosewood and loved them. They seemed to work better with high-powered solid State driving them (I used an Aragon 3002 amp (300 Wpc), and they sounded great with that much power.

It's my impression they respond well with high power Solid State for power.

Good luck, regards,

Dan

Thanks IslandManDan. That's what I'm thinking. I just can't decide whether to spend the $5-6k on a refurbed statement level classic, or go with something like a Levinson 5805 (or maybe used 585). 

I own Dynaudio Heritage but I have a Contour Ci center. All three being driven by Simaudio M400 mono amps. Outstanding.

This is the two channel version of the 400ms I own. It would be an excellent match. 330A. Class A first five watts..

Check Simaudio website.