Dumbest cable question

I know some cables may be directional or at least have some type of arrow showing where to connect each end. However, most do not. Here you go:

Is there any value to rotate your cables every now and then. In other words, switch the source component end with the “end” end. This way signals have a chance to flow opposite direction within the cable  

If this is a super silly question, my apologies.

aberyclark

Speaking of Pink Floyd, their engineers hear a difference in cable direction, right down to the earth cables. The article linked tells of the Astoria, bought by David Gilmore, and how it was transformed into their recording studio. It goes into all manner of it's origin, uses, recording gear and the engineers and musicians who work on it. A great read to past the time. 

The part about cable directionality is just past the halfway mark on the scroll indicator.

All the best,
Nonoise

Thanks @nonoise,

Gilmore has the musician’s authority without having any agenda of his own on this subject. I suggest those that can’t hear it to have their ears checked or to look for another hobby.

@noske I would hope you are being funny but these days you never know. Is this from the same science class that says men can menstruate and have babies?

@clearthinker That isn’t the dumbest question but it sure is the dumbest answer.

I’m working on my own personal interpretation of duality, in a a possibly unsuccessful attempt to fit in with audiophiles.

The concept of duality will mean different things to different audiophiles - true by definition. 

In the meantime, you speak your truth, and I will mine.  This is how it works here.

Some unbalanced interconnects have the shield and drain wire connected only at one end.  That end should be connected at the source component.