New In 2022

Happy New Year!

Feel free to cite New or Re-Issue(s) CD, Download, EP, LP, SACD, Single, Stream or Vinyl.

Happy Listening!

jafant

Dang, hip crowd ;-).

Yeah, I’m big on Pub Rock. Like Graham Parker’s first coupla albums. And I just found Taxi To The Terminal Zone by Ducks Deluxe (also produced by Dave Edmunds) on LP.

And The Groovies are actually still limping along. I was in my great local record store (Music Millennium in Portland) right before the Pandemic hit, and I heard them playing on the store’s sound system. I went up to the main counter to see 1- what album of theirs was playing (I hadn’t heard the song before, and I have all their records, dating all the way back to their self-issued 10" Sneakers, bought in San Jose at the time of it’s initial release in 1968), and 2- who had put it on the turntable.

It turned out to be 1- their new-at-the-time Fantastic Plastic album (Cyril Jordan---great Rock ’n’ Roll name!---and Chris Wilson are the sole remaining members, yet they still sound exactly the same), and 2- put on the player by a 25-year old chick (okay, young woman) employee, a huge Flamin’ Groovies fan. She’s a classically-trained pianist (so much for trained musicians being Jazz or Classical snobs ;-), and real cute taboot! Made me wish I had been born later ;-( .

@jafant: 8 CD’s?! Those musta been a coupla damn long concerts (the original 2-LP album is drawn from two live shows) Little Feat played! I’ll be looking for this boxset, thanks.

The evolution of this band is interesting to me. Lowell George was not at all interested in the Jazz Fusion direction in which Bill Payne and Paul Barrere were attempting to take the band, a sentiment with which I can empathize. Little Feat are best remembered by Lowell’s songwriting, which I first became aware of when hearing "I’m Willin’" on Seatrain’s s/t album. A great song done by many, but their version remains my favorite. You never forget your first? ;-)

bdp24

Yes! It is a 3-complete Concert package.  You never forget your 1st.

Happy Listening!