What is new with the Memory Player?

I have read that this player is the next great source at the online mags. Have others heard this player and is it currently being sold? What are the impressions of those who have heard this machine? Any information would be nice since I have read almost nothing other than what is contained in the magazines. Bob
128x128baranyi
I will reiterate this question one more time:
Why, oh why, doesn't ANYONE who has heard the MP player ever tell what the DAC was and what the other electronics were. I've never in my life heard someone talk about a transport like this, while sluffing off the DAC it was connected to. You wouldn;t do that for a table-arm-cartridge discussion ("The Avid blew the Nottingham away....oh yeah, it had $10k worth of arm and cartridge, the other had the stock Audio Technica stuff") The only evidience I have of a documented MP-DAC combo was Clement Perry's obvious MP-to-Behold DAC and associated equipment, which is not the best or most relevant scenario (in that the Behold boxes each costs greater than $50k). What the heck was the MP feeding at CES, at HE2007, etc? Why is this so tough?
There was Behold amplification with the Memory Player & the Scaenas at HE2007. Unfortunately I didn't understand at that time that the Memory Player was a transport only.
At CES 2007 Scaena used the Memory Player with it's own internal tubed output DAC directly into a Gamut D200 driving the towers of our Scaena Model 1.4. We had planned to use the more expensive and exquisite sounding ASR Emitter Exclusive II but shipping company misdelivery caused a frantic search to borrow a brand new D200. At the 2007 Stereophile HE Show in May we used the Memory Player as a transport only sending a digital signal into the excellent Behold amp. At RMAF in October we will use the MP again with it's internal DAC directly into the ASR Emitter Exclusive II with our Model 3.2- assuming shipping company co-operation.
I'd like knowing if it sounds better with its built-in Dac or a very good external Dac and how effective or necessary is an excellent digtal interconnect.
Scaena1- according to a NP dealer Audiooracle:

"The Memory Player's DAC is still in development and is not shipping at this time"

Is the MP w/DAC you've demo'd a one of a kind prototype?

Does it use the new AK4397 32 bit DAC?