What is new with the Memory Player?

I have read that this player is the next great source at the online mags. Have others heard this player and is it currently being sold? What are the impressions of those who have heard this machine? Any information would be nice since I have read almost nothing other than what is contained in the magazines. Bob
128x128baranyi
"Does Kana work for you?"

Audiooracle aka the Audio Doctor-

Very funny. You're the only shill in this thread.

I don't sell, don't own and don't plan to own any Aplhifi
gear.

I've never had the pleasure of meeting Alex, never talked
with him on the phone or sent him a PM. I have posted on his forum.

"The Memory Player's DAC is still in development and is not shipping at this time."

Will they have one at RMAF? Will it have all the latest
upgrades?
Oracle,

Thanks for sharing Mark Porzilli's impressive bio. Can I send my Melos preamp to him for repairs? If the prodigous power of invention was of itself sufficient, then Edison would have convinced the power utilities to adopt a DC power grid & RCA would have survived to enjoy the fruits of it's impressive R&D. I hope Nova Physics survives long enough witness the CDP revolution.

BTW, Alex's post sounds more like applause than self-promotion.
I find it rather interesting that Kana made this post about the 32bit DAC suddenly being here and then APLhifi came in to to say they are using it, when you first questioned how could Nova Physics be using a 32bit dac when they don't exist, well clearly they do.
Alex said they don't exist because they were not commercially available and the chip was, at the time, unannounced. It's possible that Nova Physics also has samples to play with, but Alex was correct in saying what he did.

And don't be in such a hurry to drink the ECC and hard-drive Kool-Aid.
>Your attacks on the Memory Player and this sudden shift to promote your product is rude.<

Incredible.

The biggest self promoter in these threads accusing somebody else of shilling.

It doesn't get any better than this.
FWIW, I didn't take Alex's post as anything but a proof statement that 32 bit DAC's were not available up until this announcement! he never said he was using them, he said he had tested a couple of samples, and that when it is finally released he WILL be using them. He finds it hard to believe that with the scarcity of this in-development chip (available only for samples, etc.) that the MP DAC would already be based on it. Nothing shill about it.

You guys need to relax.....