SVS sub owners, Past and Present

I’d like to hear from (like the title states) SVS owners,past and present about what you DIDN’T like about the subs.  That’s correct,I’m looking for any issues you had with this brand of subs.  I am thinking about making a purchase,( I’m well aware of their generous return policy), but instead of hearing all the praise, let’s get to the nitty gritty.  With all due respect,I’m not looking for opinions, I’m only looking to hear from real live,hands on owners.  

Thanks in advance,

Ray 

128x128rocray

There is definitely some good things going on at SVS.  However, I was actually leaning towards a pair of REL T5x.  Then, I spot an ad for a pair of SB2000 pro’s that I would be insane not to jump on.  They will be here tomorrow, hopefully waiting for me when I get home from work.  I have already moved the old pair of HSU STF-1’s into my secondary system in the “PIT”. I still have the big HSU in my listening room. First, I’m going to just set up the two SVS’s, and get a feel for them. I’m really kind of excited to upgrade the subs. I’ll report back…….

I have one in my office system supplementing a pair of JBL L100 Classic speakers.  

I’ve had the SB2000 pros set up and running for a couple of days. I am very happy with the performance of these. I’m also enjoying the flexibility to integrate these in my system.  I’m tinkering a little bit here and there, but so far,not a whole lot. I have these set up on each long wall,about 5’ from the front wall,facing each other. I’ve never tried this kind of placement before,but it seems to be working well. 

Since you got such a good deal on the subs maybe it’s not a bad idea to splurge a little on an integration device to see if it can speed/improve the setup process.  There’s a used DSpeaker 8033 on USAM for only $250 — a small price to pay IMHO if it helps improve your ultimate results.  FWIW, and congrats on the subs.  Love to hear your thoughts on their performance/sonic benefits once you get them dialed in. 

Thanks for the suggestion @soix. I have thought about that.  I guess I’m a dinosaur,or a glutton for punishment.  I really enjoy the hands on approach for getting these dialed in.  I like to hear the difference every adjustment makes. This just helps me understand what,and why I hear things. 
    On a side note, I am only running the two SVS subs. The HSU’s will be used in my secondary system,and also in our theater set up down in the pit.