Digital Interconnects - Which one is the BEST ??!!

Hello,

i am not initially wanting to hear a brand name but more a TYPE of connection.

is Optical better than Coaxial ?  Is USB better than BNC ?   What IS BNC anyways?!     I read somewhere that a COAX input that utilizes any old RCA cable is much worse than a dedicated COAX cable - that was news to me!

After i learn these things, i will look for a good brand, but if there is a TYPE that outperforms other TYPEs i want to begin with that...

thank you for your comments

rop45

USB sucks. Of course you will have dealers recommending usb because they want to sell you a number of tweaks/gimmicks to try to improve usb. 
Ethernet/fiber/network or i2s aware best if your dac supports them but only the better dacs supports these interfaces.

Now it’s not just type of digital , but vastly overlooked the quality of the Ethernet cables , and Ethernet hub , the Ethernet cable closet tothe server, streamer is for sure most critical ,the one from the modem to router the quality forsure counts 

but not quite as much ,thelonglengty from router to. Hub just has to beat least a respectable cat 6 , like Beldon top Ethernet , then to a Uptone audio ether regen ,

onthe other side T from usb this USBe regenerator for around $300 from underwood Wally truly cleans up jitter ,far better then anything in its price class l

sonore optical fiber optic is very good but you need 2 at $1500 each expensive 

I spent almost $4 kjust in digital cables ,now I need buy a reference dac 

this stuff gets compulsive , I willjust save wait until next summer then see if digital has gotton better still, there are many great products and cables of all price point .

and yes digital cables have different Sonic characters ,how much are you willing to spend is the ?

USB is very dependent on your DAC. In general, if your DAC is a lot better than your streamer USB is better… if your streamer is better than your DAC then AES/SPDIF is better. If your DAC and streamer are on the same level then you have to try to find out.

I played with USB and was not blown away by the performance vs USB cable price point ($500 max) and I wasn’t willing to go down the Usb cable rabbit hole. For the money, I thought digital coax sounded better.

the best wire to use for digital or any audio is OCC single Crystal copper or silver or mix of both.