Help selecting Pioneer Elite used receiver

I am looking for used decent surround receiver under $400 (CAD). Following items available used craigslist Canada. Is there a way to understand how the Pioneer Elite VSX series are named based on high-end or low-end? Would any one of experts be able to help pick out any one or two AV receivers from the list below that is outstanding and awesome from this list below?

VSX-94TXH - $375 (CAD)

VSX-01TXH - $300 (CAD)

VSX-09TX - $250 (CAD)

VSX-80TXV - $250 (CAD)

VSX-56TXI - $250 (CAD)

VSX-07TX - $175 (CAD)

VSX-52TX - $120 (CAD)

VSX-51 (year 1991 model) - $110 (CAD)

Thanks in advance for your advise.

nebulae

the thing would stop me from buying any of these is that if something was to happen to one of them, can it still be repaired, as they are getting old and parts might not be available.

would cost you more to ship it both ways, parts / labor than it would be worth.

@riley804

the thing would stop me from buying any of these is that if something was to happen to one of them, can it still be repaired as they are getting old and parts might not be available.

They are impossible to repair. The pro techs won’t touch them anymore for two reasons:

(1) Parts don’t exist other than canniblizing another unit, if one can even be sourced. AVR replacement parts are only available for their brief warranty periods , usually one year in general from new. Then the “new” model number in the next year renders the “old” one obsolete . Without prejudice to this, The cold hard fact is that the build quality for these units - even when brand new - is cheap-as-you-can-make-it made-in-China junk comparatively…. Ergo …. bad.

(2) the cost to repair receivers , even for minor fixes , exceeds their FMV, making it a no-go intuitively.

this proposed buy is for a short-term use at best until it invariably fails, and then it’s a boat anchor. These are also the reasons why dealers won’t touch them either as suitable trade-ins.

if you persist, then buy the cheapest one …full stop.

@riley804 

you betcha sir! You already nailed it !
I quoted your post to emphasize it with some more specific detail on to support that it is (I) lock to fail, (II) impossible to fix, and (iii) a poor purchase and no L-T investment.