Speakers to consider around 5k used?

I'm a newbie to the high quality world of audio. I'm interested in getting a decent system together. I'm looking for the highest quality speaker in the 4-6k range used. My listening habits are eclectic. Primarily Electronic, Rock/Pop, Classical/Soundtrack, and Traditional/Folk. My room size is an average sized USA house living room. I don't want a speaker that is overly detailed or bright that leads to harshness or fatigue, neither one that is too warm or veiled. I want a neutral speaker that is realistic and true to source without being difficult to listen to, especially in the highs. I am starting with the speakers, and have no other hi-fi equipment. However, I'm considering a network DAC player for my source.

What speakers should I be looking at and which are the best in this range available?

Thanks
Aqua
aquablu8
You could get Maggie 3.7's new at your budget. Great speakers with wonderful ribbon tweeter
Alan
PSB Synchronicity One might bar one to consider.
http://www.stereophile.com/content/psb-synchrony-one-loudspeaker-page-2
Maybe check out Von Schweikert speakers as well. They would meet your criteria.

Since you are thinking used and could get a more recent edition in the range you are looking at.

Or you might consider the VR-33, which is sold direct from Von Schweikert, with a trial period. Factory direct eliminates the middle man's markup. An advantage of these is that they are designed to be close to a wall, and won't need to be as out in the room as many other options in this price range will (Maggies especially, I am told).
Saw some Genesis V's listed for $3200. 3 days left. Adjustable but should not be close to walls. IRL?
From your original post, my impression is that you are sensitive to edgy highs. I am too, and for the past year or so I've been happily using PBN Montana EPS2s, which often show up here in your price range. Presently, there is a pair of lovely Montana EPXs here for 4800, which probably go deeper than the EPS2s, which might be useful for some of your listening tastes. Both are big speakers, but play well close to walls so the functional space requirements are less than many smaller speakers.

Of those on your list, you could find the SF Cremona (or Cremona M), for around your PP used, and the Gallo Ref 3.5 for considerably less new. I think you'd find the highs on both tolerable. I prefer the Montanas to the Cremona, which is pretty pricey for a small tower. The 3.5s do a lot of things incredibly well; I had a pair in my house this summer, but ended up staying with my Montanas.

Good luck!

John