Well I joined the Silversmith FIDELIUM Speaker cable club today

The story behind this goes like this. I bought new speakers in December and their placement forced me to stop using my Wireworld Gold Eclipse III bi wire cables because they were too short. So for an interim cable I found a 2 meter pair of the "Regular" Eclipse III wires used being that I wanted to keep it in the "Family." My  entire loom for the most part is Wireworld Gold Eclipse III interconnects.  The Reg Eclipse III seemed fine but I alway felt I was missing something I was used to before, like it was just a little veiled comparatively. I've researched the hell out of cables and was just going to get a set of the New Eclipse 8's but when they raised the price for a 2M pair another $500 to $2000 I decided to look elsewhere, scouring used cables for months.  Well through that process I discovered the many threads and positive reviews on the Silversmiths, so since they were more like what  I was hopefully  willing to spend I ordered a 6 foot set. Today I placed them into my system and after about one minute into the track I was astonished! I couldn't move from my chair, I listened to the entire album in astonishment. They literally "fixed" my system, it's never ever sounded this good. It's only been a few hours so i won't go into everything that happened right now but new cables are not  supposed to sound this good straight out of the box. I am lucky. they blend with my system right away. The Bass was so immediately impactful I just cannot believe a cable can make this much change, the inner detail and transparency, wow! I know these things have been raked over the coals in these forums and their are some that are naysayers, but in my case I was one of the lucky ones because these babies are not going back to Chris!  I cannot stop listening, it's amazing.

128x128fthompson251

“ Oh great, the strange obsessed conspiracy theory guy is back. Happy Friday everyone. “

And just when you thought that the Dr Butlers cream had worked out for you 😊

Sounds like a good cable to try on a SIT-3/Cornwall lV combination. Nelson claims the amp performs best at closer to a 4ohm load. This speaker cable helps nudge in that direction.

thyname- Always wondered what everyone has to hide.... not disclosing their gear?🤔

After reading about Deludedaudiphile's post on the cables resistance-not quite sure I understand fully  what that means- got me thinking so here's my story.

I purchased a pair to go with my Linear Tube Audio 10watt amp feeding a pair of Cornwalls ( over 100db/watt). Wow! What a difference. Significant upgrade. 

I sold both the Cornwallis and LTA amp and purchased a pair  speakers rated at 89db/w/4ohm  and an Integrated 125w/8ohm and 225w/4 ohm. While my amp was being built, I ordered a Class d mini gan 5 ( 200w/8ohm and 300w/4 ohm) to get me thru. The amp felt kinda warm for a Class D amp but didn't think much of it. Several days later it was dead. Returned it for a refund. Chalked it up to just one of those things.

A month later my integrated arrived. Lovely sound.......for a while. One channel went dead. Off for repairs

Do I listen exceedingly loud? Don't think so but do turn it up on occasion . I also didn't hear any distortion from my speakers.

Bad luck or did the "resistance" of the cable have something to do with it? Putting excess strain on my amps?

Just thought I'd share. Again, could have absolutely nothing to do with the cable but I sold my mine just to be safe.

@emil 

Wow, you have had a terrible history with equipment! In fifty years I have never had  failures like that. After 2 or three years I had a cd transport fail… that was replaced free… but never a non mechanical failure… let alone two.

Hi everyone, 

I don't have a dedicated room for audio. My cats have access to the speakers too. I used spike mats to prevent them access my audio gears. That works but not 100% of the time. 

I really want to try Fidelium cables. However, the cables are pretty fragile. I wonder if any audiophile here have any special cloths or some kind of protection to wrap the cables end to end to protect it?

Thank you. 

Huy