Balanced Line Stage Tube Preamps

A recent balanced tube preamp shopper asked for opinions on Rogue vs ARC, ending up with a strong verdict for the Cary -05. Just wondering where the PrimaLuna EVO 400 might fit in this discussion. Functionality is pretty much identical across the board for all: 2 XLRs, 3 RCAs in, and both out. I don't need Cary's headphone section but do really need a remote. Question is all about the sonics. Fellow tube sound fans say Rogue is too dry and clinical. But what about PL? I wouldn't expect it to match Cary or ARC (or C-J) in an ideal room, but is it more tube-y than Rogue? (I do need 2 XLR and 3 RCA, so less versatile candidates need not apply).

hickamore

@hickamore Andy Tebbe is extremely responsive and easy to talk to, and will answer all your questions.

All reviews I have read of the MP-3 says you DON"T offer silver or remotes! A recent development? The other limitation is lack of RCA inputs,

@hickamore Silver has been available for about 10 years or so. The remote probably about 6-7 years. The preamp is equipped with two RCA inputs (Monitor 1 and Monitor 2) for a total of five inputs.

Post removed 

@atmasphere Hope you enlightened the reviewers who are telling readers you don't have features that you clearly do have (not that I noticed on website). If tape monitor inputs function just the same as any other RCAs, then that wouldn't be a problem, thanks.

@steakster Silver/remote was just clarified without a phone call, see above. Otherwise, I will gladly call any mfr or dealer whose product interests me enough to inquire further. Thanks to suggestions here plus online reading, that list has now been culled to 4 or 5.