SVS sub owners, Past and Present

I’d like to hear from (like the title states) SVS owners,past and present about what you DIDN’T like about the subs.  That’s correct,I’m looking for any issues you had with this brand of subs.  I am thinking about making a purchase,( I’m well aware of their generous return policy), but instead of hearing all the praise, let’s get to the nitty gritty.  With all due respect,I’m not looking for opinions, I’m only looking to hear from real live,hands on owners.  

Thanks in advance,

Ray 

128x128rocray

I have sb4000 and these are a smaller sb16 ultra the app is very good,

the only thing I wished it had  is full Auto room Bass correction like on the JL audio Fathom line , the app does many adjustments , ifyou want you can buy a usb Mike 

anddownload the REW bass program  and just practice and learn it ,Svs will even help with Thst just down load  reading from the REW program and they will tell you exact where room peaks are to adjust from your tablet ,or phone app.I have mine dialed-in pretty good , it-was a noticeable step up from theSB 3000 sub ,

and you get a45 audition period of the sub ,they will pay freight both ways if not happy, 5 year transferrable warranty ,  a very respectable company to deal with.

they have sales, a a overstock dept you can save hundreds,ifyou buy 2 

get  extra off, and repeat customer an additional5% off ,great warranty and customer service 

Started with a PB1000 and loved it compared to the cheapo 50-200 ones I had before that. Upgraded to a pc2000 when offered s great deal and was blown away.  Now for a high end system Is planned on a REL carbon to go with ML CLX Art speakers but decided to try a PB16 Ultra and am in awe of it. Is like to try it aside by side with the carbon to compare, but can't think of a single complaint. 

With the purchase of a brand new pair of subs,my small listening room will have 4 subs. Nice,even smooth bass.

Goodonya!  With four subs I think a pair of SB1000s will be all you need and will save you $$$.  I bet it’s gonna sound awesome, and I’m more than a little jealous. 

I have a SB3000.that  I really like.  I especially enjoy it now after addressing

its main weakness:  cabinet vibration.

It sits on a 3 inch granite base.   Additionally I placed 100 lbs of lead bricks

on top. Amazing improvement and clarity to the mid-bass and bass.

I really want to thank everyone for taking the time to give their experiences.  I was actually expecting a little more negative feedback.  It shows that SVS makes a great product.  When making a purchase, or working on a home improvement project,I always narrow my final choices down to three.  SVS is (obviously) on that list,and is on very solid ground. My other two choices are Rythmik L22,and REL T5x. At this point,I don’t think I can make a bad choice. The SVS is at this time, the leader in price point.