Awaiting a 1st impression

Looking forward to a user review on this new hybrid.

It's got all of the proven PL features, but the $7300 MSRP definitely caught me by surprise. Having nothing but positive experience with PL products, I imagine this will hold it's own with the $10K+ popular brands?

Is this the boutique brand killer?

tablejockey

It kind of boils down to this: for a very similar price, would I buy a PL or an Aesthetix Mimas (also tube hybrid integrated)?  The answer is clear: Aesthetix.

I agree Aesthetix without reservation. Plus Jim White doesnt bug the crap out of me like KD does. In fact Jim is a great guy. 

Unless it sounds like crap, it should sell very well. You get the warmth of tubes and the power of SS. Another benefit is the preamp tubes will probably last 10,000+ hours.  I to will be interested in hearing the reviews.

JD

719aeth.ins

Aesthetix base price $7000 remote $400(backlit-cool) headphone $500=$7900

Rated 150WPC  

PL $7300 including metal remote and headphone 

Rated 100 WPC 

$600 for 50 additional watts of power with the Aesthetix, and the USA pedigree.

This would be an interesting drag race.

Who gets the prize for build quality appearance? PL's construction at least appears to best the Aesthetix.

I do like the Mimas aesthetic(except the choice of the 80's blue LED-very tired)more than the PL. I would have chosen vacuum tube orange.

I'm not familiar with Aesthetix as a brand. I wasn't a Tube guy until the Willsenton R8 was getting great reviews and LOTS of press from reviewers all over the world! There are many 'business' mistakes that US based brands make and one of them is branding and another is marketing! If Aesthetix is so arrogant that they feel like I should seek out their product rather than them doing their homework and trying to reach me, then they will continue to be an obscure brand that very few know anything about.....