High current power cables

Hello,

How come some manufacturers offer high current power cables for use with amplifiers and some don't? Is this to say that the companies who don't offer one have designed their power cables to work in any application? 

128x128blue_collar_audio_guy

I want to ensure that members distinguish me and my posts from the condescending unhelpful posts of another member just above who has a handle rather similar to mine.

deludedaudiophile"Now I will ask kindly that you stop the drive by insults that are humorous, but also annoying and distracting to the thread."

I think what has happened here is that I have what Americans call "hurt your feelings" but you need to learn, accept, and understand that "feelings" are not really the issue here if you want to converse in the language of science we use data, facts, and statistics to support a position a simple "that's not true" or "I know better" or "it's not supported" is not a proper, effective, meaningful or convincing response. 

I suggest, recommend, and encourage you to continue your Merit Badges and education and as I may have previously mentioned an internship might also be helpful to you.

@Clearthinker Thank you for the clarification. I will add, that as a newcomer to this site, and renewing an interest in audio that began in High School, I have an interest in learning more about how these things work. But I have to say that I’m having a hard time separating fact from fiction in most of the threads I read on this site, including this one. About the only thing I’m able to take away from this one is that I need to run 10 AWG solid conductor wire from the wall to my amplifier. And my wall socket should served by a dedicated 10 AWG solid conductor. In every house in which I’ve ever lived, 10 AWG runs were reserved for 240 Volt (pulling from both sides of the service feed) highly resistive heater loads like kitchen ranges, hot water heaters, etc. In the meantime, others tell me I’m probably not using more than 25 watts in my amplifier most of the time. I thought the job of the power supply to filter the power, and all those hulking capacitors to supply the power for transients. When I turn my tube amplifier off, it seems to take forever for music to stop playing, it takes time for all those capacitors to discharge. But what do I know?

@clearthinker it would be impossible to confused your intelligent reasoned posts with the self indulgent ignorant drive-by insults of the poster who shares a similar name. Don't worry, they appear to work on a lunar cycle and should go dark shortly. You know what they say about full moons?

I think what's happening here is that there are some users who - for reasons I'll never understand - post under different user names. Then they get confused and have to cover their tracks. I suspect one of the persons involved here has already been previously suspended under other user names.