Awaiting a 1st impression

Looking forward to a user review on this new hybrid.

It's got all of the proven PL features, but the $7300 MSRP definitely caught me by surprise. Having nothing but positive experience with PL products, I imagine this will hold it's own with the $10K+ popular brands?

Is this the boutique brand killer?

tablejockey

To those bashing MIC, there are manufacturing techniques that can only be done in China because the US (and others) don't possess the technique! So MIC can and does mean high quality and precision. The days of cheap Chinese goods are essentially over. Can you find cheaply made Chinese goods, sure and absolutely, but can you find well crafted and designed products (especially in the highend electronics world) absolutely!!

It’s a global world & there a probably many examples of good & not so good ( at least in value) audio products from just about every country. Long term reliability & accompanying manufacturer support generally seems to be what separates the best brands from the rest which has real importance to me. I can’t be bothered with hassling & waiting for responses & repairs as I work too much & to hard to need any more stress in my life. I listen to music in part to de- stress. 

That said, I enjoy eating mostly ethnic foods, especially Asian food & listen to nice music through fine US made audio components that give me lots of pleasure with very little trouble. I do enjoy a nice espresso made by my beautiful Italian machine. It’s a big world. 

"Please not another boutique killer!"

audio_audio-

give it time, more "professional reviews" will surface with all the cliché descriptors

I'm sure there are some here  who can remember there was a  period of time products  that had the label "made in Japan" was frowned upon.

Now anything made in Japan is perceived as high quality-which for the most part, is.

I don't know if the MIC label can completely overcome the stigma as Japan, but  SOME audio gear that is overseen by US or European ownership is capable as any US or top European brand.

Someone buy one, and do a write up!

I learned at work that quality means the least acceptable quality that meets your customer's needs. You aren't building a Rolls Royce, you are building a Toyota Corolla. The Chinese are getting better at finding that sweet spot. There are more Chinese goods in our future, not less. 

Why did I watch this video? Just another salesman touting his product. Why bite on this and not any other video provided by a manufacturer or dealer?