SVS sub owners, Past and Present

I’d like to hear from (like the title states) SVS owners,past and present about what you DIDN’T like about the subs.  That’s correct,I’m looking for any issues you had with this brand of subs.  I am thinking about making a purchase,( I’m well aware of their generous return policy), but instead of hearing all the praise, let’s get to the nitty gritty.  With all due respect,I’m not looking for opinions, I’m only looking to hear from real live,hands on owners.  

Thanks in advance,

Ray 

128x128rocray

I had to use the Russound adapter because my tube amps don’t have sub outs. The SB3000 beat my Rel s/3 and s/5 with many speaker combinations. All my mains have gone to the low 30’s or below. I prefer to use subs to fill under 30 only. One you get above 35hz is that really a sub?

I had an SB ultra13 for 5 years and I thought the world of it. Even had tuned for music. But when I put in a Servo Based (like had 20 years ago with my F15R velodyne) Rythmik G25HP and that was then end of that.  The theory of just move more air with bigger throw is not a true replacement for true bass.  

I love everything about my 4 SB16 ULTRA and 2 PC13 ULTRA Customer service is amazing 

I’ve had a SB3000 for 4-5 months now in a two channel system to supplement a pair of Dali Helicon 800 speakers.  For the price I can’t complain.  

The interactive app is good with one exception.  This is only my opinion.  You can create profiles/settings. But the app has no way to show the summary of the settings of the profiles you have saved.   If it had that capacity so you could see at a glance the overall settings it would be stellar.