Lose weight or buy better fitting pants

We talk about fixing the room constantly but couldn't the size and shape of the speakers be the problem?

I realize it is not economically feasible for manufacturers, but this could possibly relate to dyi folks.

For example a long narrow room with low ceilings would have speakers proportionate to the dimensions of the room. Smaller tweeters, drivers, with an enclosure mimicking the room. You would design the speakers to fit the room, instead of fixing the room. Start with the room as a extra enclosure.  Make sense?

jpwarren58

"Make sense?"

I don't think so. Size is only one factor in determining if a speaker is appropriate for a room. Driver placement, radiation pattern and other factors are important. I have very large speakers inn a 13 x 11 x 9 room and they work perfectly.  

I have big A$$ Tannoys In my medium sized listening area and they sound great. Little to no room treatments to speak of, but room is well balanced with furniture and acutraments. Speakers towed In quite heavily, and they are concentric drivers, so they project the sound out of the box and to my ears quite well.

You either have a room that can be converted into a listening space or not. 

If you do, you cram the BIGGEST speakers in the most appropriate position, and the room is treated as needed.

If you're like most, you have the system in a living space, controlled by the boss(Significant other) and practicality. Nothing but compromise and small speakers in a  sub optimum location are what's left to enjoy.

Deal with it, and play with fuses and wallet draining doo dads.

@tablejockey 

I'll have you know that I am the HEAD of the Household.

My Wife however, is the NECK😀