Speaker Pairing for Sugden A21SE

Just bought the Sugden A21SE integrated amp and would like to know what speakers pair well with it. My hunch is some iteration of the Harbeth C7 or another Brit monitor, though I'm also considering the Fritz Carreras. I'll probably buy used, and would like to stay under 3000, though I have a little flexibility (just a little). Thanks for any insights.

anton99

I have a black A21SE. I had it paired with the ProAc Tablette Anniversary.

It was a very synergistic marriage. I bought both pieces from my friend, who works at a local dealer, that used to sell both brands. He moved up to the Masterclass Integrated, to get a built in phono stage.  I owned a Pass Aleph 3 and Aleph 30 amp, in the past. The Sugden sounds very similar (GREAT) to me. Just make sure you pick a speaker it will drive to your satisfaction, in your room.

That is a very fast integrated and produces terrific attack.  You're on the right track.  Ran Merlin Black Magic and Cenya monitors with mine to very good affect.  

Found the Sugden particular about speaker cables and ended up with Decware Silver Stix.  Enjoy the ride.

Well done! Get the marshmallows ready, she runs hot! Now I would highly recommend that you pair your Sugden A21se to some Tannoys. Mine is paired with the Tannoy Legacy Eaton standmounts with sensational results. Using a dual run (bi-wire) of Audioquest type 4 speaker cables with excellent results. Power cable in use is the Audioquest high current Thunder.

https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/e2Rd8gWnva2O

I am very impressed with my Chartwell L6s and I’ve owned 3 pairs of Harbeths. Not saying it’s “better”, but I really like what the Chartwells do. I recommend buying from Gene Rubin in the US. Top-notch service. Any issues and he’s back to you within the hour.  And I second the recommendation on Fritz. IMO they will stand up against Harbeths at twice the price. Unfortunately, some people can’t totally relax without knowing they have a “name” speaker, but that’s another issue. 

I'm running the A21SE Signature with Klipsch Cornwall IV's and they sound fantastic together.  Rarely get volume past 9 o'clock.  Sure, they are big speakers, but that little British integrated has some serious grip on those 15" woofers.