Just my observation - seems like there is less listed on AG

Seems to me like there is less and less gear listed on audiogon... compared to USAM.  Anyone else notice this?

joey_v

My biggest complaint is the filters put in place to prevent communication between buyers and sellers. I like to talk to sellers about a piece of gear I am interested in. I also think most buyers are like me. I understand that Audiogon doesn’t want unauthorized sales but if you pay the sale fee upfront they should allow unlimited communication between buyer buyers and sellers. They already have their money even if a sale doesn’t go through.

Never sold anything here. I bought a couple of items.

I really don’t have a dog in the fight, I should have kept my mouth shut. 

Sorry folks.. 

Yep the listing are way down, I don't even look at ad here anymore..I buy and sell on FB and USAM....just follow the money as they say..no reason to do business  here with the communication restrictions and fees when it's all free elsewhere...next!

I agree with lwin above that AG is exceptionally anal about controlling the dialog between buyers and sellers.  And I feel their selling fees are excessive and laden with low-ballers.  But I think they still are the standard for audio product sales and forums.  USAM has no seller fees and doesn't try to control communications but I have found many more problematic buyers who communicate interest and then disappear forever, even after promising payment and there seems to be no recourse for these parasites.  I have reported them and nothing ever happens and USAM won't let the seller give feedback unless there has been some type of exchange.  So I guess there is room for both audio product sales websites but both have their issues.

The inability to pick up a phone and communicate directly with a buyer or seller is a dealbreaker for me. The fees are not good either.