You know you have audiophile system when...

The definition of an audiophile systems is truly unknown, but recently after dabbling with tube rolling, power cables, and interconnects my system achieved a level where its clarity was no longer what grabbed my attention. Instead, I was distinctly hearing the bloom and decay of every note in the music. It’s just a different level that I believe has me listening to music differently.  It translates into greater dynamics and voices and instruments having more distinct vibrato characteristics.

mceljo

No. It has been defined lol.

An audiophile is...

: a person who is enthusiastic about high-fidelity sound reproduction.

But a lot of folks here don't care about audio fidelity, they would rather have their systems sound a certain way and play nice with bad recordings.

Sounds good is all that matters, right?

Let's take it from the system user's viewpoint:

-an audiophile is one who needs music to listen to his system;

-music-lover is someone who needs the system to listen to the music.

In this light, "sounds good is all that matters" can apply to both categories.

I guess we're all music-lovers tuning our systems to better enjoy the music

Is an audiophile a music lover?

A music lover uses audio equipment to listen to his recordings. An audiophile uses recordings to listen to his audio equipment!

YouTube's 'The Audiophile Man' describes an audiophile who sees music as the main thing...wants better music, better quality music...more information from their music....seeker of musical truth....as the guitar player played it, the drummer when he hit the drums...what he heard, what he experienced, what the band around him were going thru....the audiophile wants to part of that occasion...get closer to that time, those moments...wants to experience the art