Grounding cable gauge size

For those of you using external grounding source devices, units such as Entreq, Nordost, Synergistic, etc. What size wire gauge seems to work the best?

ozzy

128x128ozzy

tksteingraber,

I have my Entreq Silver Tellus connected to the (source) RCA’s to my Lumin X1 and JL CR-1 Crossover. No preamp is used.

The Entreq then is also connected to my very large DIY ground box (pictures on my systems page) which also connects my subs and amps via banana’s

The Russ Andrews unit is connected to my:

1. Niagara 7000 to a DIY AC plug (with just the ground connected).
  2. Connected to my Entreq via Banana
  3. Connected to my Lumin X1 chassis ground terminal on the separate power supply.

My speakers are connected to a couple of my DIY ground box(s) for speakers.

ozzy

Yesterday, I disconnected the Russ Andrews unit from the Entreq. I feel the music sounds better with the Russ Andrews unit connected to just my chassis ground. ie; Lumin X1 ground terminal and the AC ground into my Niagara 7000.

ozzy

How’s it sounding now ozzy, noise floor down 2 or 3 db, better bass with more air and definition.

teck

tecknik,

Well I am still experimenting. I have removed the Russ Andrews ground lead to my Niagara 7000. I think the Niagara does more ground clean up by itself.

So, today I have the Russ Andrews unit leads to the chassis of my Lumin X1 power supply and the JL Audio CR-1.

I am still running separate signal grounds from the rca’s on the equipment to my Entreq/ DIY grounding boxes.

ozzy

I just picked up a Gutwire grounding cable and plugged it into one of the open RCA inputs and plugged it into the electrical socket.  I was nearly stunned at the increased clarity, focus and nuanced detail this brought to my system.  This was one helluva upgrade that did not cost an arm and a leg.