Isolation Advice Needed

Hello, moving to a new home later this summer. The new house has suspended floors (wood over crawl space). No noticeable bounciness or floor deflection but so far I've lived in homes with concrete floors, so walking on the floor was subconscious activity. In the new house my steps are louder when I walk. So not sure what to expect when I setup my system in the new house.

I have all tube system housed in a Salamander rack. Any forewarning of unwanted vibrations creeping into the system and ways to mitigate them is greatly appreciated.

Current System...

Rega P6 (Audiomods Series VI/Shelter 501)

Aesthetix Rhea Sig. tube Phono

Graaf GM-50B Tube integrated

Wilson Benesch ACT Speakers (with Gaia II feet)

Best Regards

livin_262002

Vibrapods and their cones work well. Also, can't beat a dedicated turntable wall shell. 

I lent the BR Big Pads to my cousin. He had been quoted something crazy for isolation pucks from his dealer (approx $400 each).

He said there was a "surprisingly big difference" with the BR pads.

And I haven't got them back yet.

@whart Thank you for sharing your experience. My house is brand new so no give in the floor but just that I’m not used to non-concrete floors. I still feel there’s going to some amount of floor vibration, be it be from speakers or people walking. I want to avoid those as well. Hence the request for suggestions.

My set-up is on the first floor. Thought about wall shelf but listening room has no load bearing walls so not sure how sturdy the shelf is going to be.

I’m intrigued by both minusk, how well does it stop floor borne vibrations?

​​​

@audioguy85 Thank you for the suggesting vibrapods but again no data on how well they stop floor borne vibrations. My phono stage already has HRS nimbus feet from factory but I’d still like to pace it on an isolation platform.

@jerrybj are you sure you’re going to get them back ?🙂

Here are the suggestions from you all so far ...

1) Symposium svelte

2) BR pads

3) MinusK

4) Vibrapods

Best Regards

Don’t go crazy if you don’t have to. We had a house in Westchester, NY that was made entirely of concrete. Floor, ceilings, etc. Circa 1911. I think concrete has improved since then. But I didn’t even bother to do a serious system in that house; I was "on the road" for some years, traveling between Scandinavia and the US, Florida and West Coast. Great years for me, professionally, but I took a dive on two channel in favor of home theatre back I the ’90s and early oughts. Now I’m back!

The big Minus K, which is what I have, will stop ’em dead. I’m not shilling. Believe me. The Minus K folks could only provide me with support up to a degree. When I wanted to do two tone arms-- implicating two thirty pound pods for support-- they weren’t interested in doing the math. I talked to a friend at CMU and a few other people, including a famous reviewer and an engineer at Penn State who was doing gob’tment work. I concluded that the Minus K was not suitable for a load that did not have a center of mass. But, I’m happy to be corrected. Right now, it’s cool, with only one arm; others may have different results, depending on situs.