Led Zeppelin 11

Better Records has a just in Led Zeppelin 11 for a poultry $2499, but it's a white hot stamper!

128x128audioguy85

If a Zep head REALLY wants to flex,  THIS ONE is what you open you're wallet for. There were many presses in 1969. I have a non RL Terre Haute Indiana copy, and it's quite nice. Not as impactful as my RL HOH copy.

Thanks @audioguy85, I stand corrected. I heard about Port obscuring the dead wax info somewhere, and assumed it was in fact true. That’ll teach me!

I myself bought only one LP from Tom, and not because it was a hot stamped LP. In fact, I don’t think Port was yet using the term when I got from him a German pressing of Magical Mystery Tour. The German pressing is desirable instead because it was the only version at that time (early/mid-90's) which was in true stereo. Both the UK and USA LP’s were reprocessed/fake stereo, as bad an invention as the record business has ever foistered on the public!

My Side 2 lead-out groove is inscribed SO (or is it 50?) 8256-6. There's no RL anywhere on the vinyl. And to be honest, I can't remember ever buying an audiophile reissue.I truly thought I still had my bought-the-first-day-it-came-out LP.

@bdp24 no problem, you had me worried! I cannot say for certain that it was or was not scratched out by him, but like I said, I only found that one....I’d still have to check like 20 something others I bought...yes, fake stereo seldom sounds very good, although I have heard a few exceptions that did sound OK I’ve been burned a few times, or I should say I burned myself when buying in some thrift shops. They tend to have lousy lighting and my eyes are not what they used to be. So, when I returned home on a few occasions and re-inspected what I bought, to my horror, there it was in small print, re-processed or electronically re-processed for stereo, ugh! luckily I only paid a buck for most.