Led Zeppelin 11

Better Records has a just in Led Zeppelin 11 for a poultry $2499, but it's a white hot stamper!

128x128audioguy85

@bdp24 I just again checked about 6 better records pressings, 5 out of 6 have the dead wax info intact,, nothing added or omitted. On 1, there are some scratch outs of some info, but who ever did it did not do a good job obscuring it, as it is still readable. I do believe that when you look at discogs, which I often do, they indicate in the fine details of each pressing, that some info in dead wax is scratched out and something added beside it. However, this is done at the pressing plant. Scratch outs are not uncommon. I'll give Tom the benefit of the doubt, as only 1 out of 6 had something scratched out. 

If a Zep head REALLY wants to flex,  THIS ONE is what you open you're wallet for. There were many presses in 1969. I have a non RL Terre Haute Indiana copy, and it's quite nice. Not as impactful as my RL HOH copy.

Thanks @audioguy85, I stand corrected. I heard about Port obscuring the dead wax info somewhere, and assumed it was in fact true. That’ll teach me!

I myself bought only one LP from Tom, and not because it was a hot stamped LP. In fact, I don’t think Port was yet using the term when I got from him a German pressing of Magical Mystery Tour. The German pressing is desirable instead because it was the only version at that time (early/mid-90's) which was in true stereo. Both the UK and USA LP’s were reprocessed/fake stereo, as bad an invention as the record business has ever foistered on the public!

My Side 2 lead-out groove is inscribed SO (or is it 50?) 8256-6. There's no RL anywhere on the vinyl. And to be honest, I can't remember ever buying an audiophile reissue.I truly thought I still had my bought-the-first-day-it-came-out LP.

@bdp24 no problem, you had me worried! I cannot say for certain that it was or was not scratched out by him, but like I said, I only found that one....I’d still have to check like 20 something others I bought...yes, fake stereo seldom sounds very good, although I have heard a few exceptions that did sound OK I’ve been burned a few times, or I should say I burned myself when buying in some thrift shops. They tend to have lousy lighting and my eyes are not what they used to be. So, when I returned home on a few occasions and re-inspected what I bought, to my horror, there it was in small print, re-processed or electronically re-processed for stereo, ugh! luckily I only paid a buck for most.