First impressions of the Isoacoustic Gaia 1’s

On my KEF Reference 5’s.

While I normally hear little to no change with “Tweaks”, I installed them Saturday evening and found immediate spatial differences. Just about every album sounded more open. I told my wife, who helped me install the Gaia’s,  that if I wasn’t wowed, I’d send them back.

The room has wall to wall carpet and pad on the floor and when  I first received the Reference 5’s, they sounded flat. I put small hardwood flooring samples under them and it helped a little.  I then put a small slab of granite under each of them and they became much nicer to listen to. I was quite surprised at the change. 
The Gaia 1’s are sitting on the granite as well and so far, I’m very happy. 

It’s only been a few days, but I’m pretty sure they are “hear” to stay.

Anyone else have similar experience’s with speaker. Isolation?

JD

128x128curiousjim

@ozzy

I thought about the platforms, but my speakers are already as tall as I am.  

For those who balk at the price of the Townshend Platforms: imo the individual Seismic Pods can work just as well, and are considerably lower in price. If your loudspeakers have outrigger bases, the Pods (or the IsoAcoustics GAIA) can be installed in place of the stock spikes.

No outriggers, and you want a larger footprint base for your speakers? Get a 3/4"/19mm piece of Baltic Birch ply, cut two identical pieces, put a piece of ASC Wall Damp between them, screw together, paint, attach the feet of your choice, and install. Best upgrade for the money!

@bdp24,

Following your plan would definitely save a bunch of money and I have the shop to build what I would need. I have another week on the Gaia’s, so I could go that route. @$560, that would definitely be a large savings.

Thanks for the tip.

JD

I don't usually go for these kinds of things, but after hearing an improvement on a Youtube video, I'm a believer. Now if I could just get the longer studs I need to fit my GoldenEar Triton 2+, I can actually use them. It's literally been more than a year and Isoacoustics tells me they should ship sometime this month, but I'm not holding my breath.

if you think the iso acoustic  are good then you should try the townshend podiums, they are so much better than the ISO acoustic gaia's it's not even funny but they are three times the price but well worth it, look them up and read the reviews.