Ohm Acoustics Walsh F-5015 speakers

Hi everyone

I too received the msg stating that Ohm Acoustics in Brooklyn is having a Columbus Day sale. In the message there was a mention of the new Ohm F-5015 speakers. Upon reviewing the site there was no mention of the F-5015 speakers. I then saw in the forum a couple of members inquiring about these speakers in the main Ohm Walsh thread. I figured for these new speakers they deserved a thread of their own.

Well what do you think these F-5015 speakers are? My guess is that these are the latest generation of new drivers/speakers to replace the original large Ohm Walsh F drivers. I'm thinking these speakers will be enormous and sound awesome.

Any thoughts/comments are more than welcome? If you get in touch with John Strohbeen about the F-5015 speakers feel free to post your findings.

Thanks
128x128jedinite24
I have an Ohm 5000 and almost upgraded to the 5015 but thought I had enough volume with my 600 watt Bryston amp. The 5015s are impressive with bass down to 16 hz!!!!!! John used the word scary to describe it. 15" extreme excursion subwoofers with 500 war amp built inside that drives all the frequencies under 80 hz.. If I had got those then I'd have to place them far away from turntable because of feedback at extreme volumes. Plus falling plaster, irate neighbors, accelerated hearing loss. But what fun!!!!!
One could always add their own separate powered subwoofers if desired.

I wonder if the same 4 3-way level adjustment switches are provided for the 5015s? One on my 5s is for room size which equates to low bass levels. Or are more sophisticated level adjustment controls typical of larger higher end powered subs needed or used?

It would be nice to have everything integrated into a single cabinet on casters. Those F cabinets are quite heavy and bulky to start with.

Also I wonder if the 5015s are bottom ported still like most other OHM Walsh CLS models?
Hi,

Sure they are powerful, but I now start to believe that they are also capable of generating the most subtle nuances at all frequency levels. I just listened to the fabulous Herbaliser's Session One album, and all the density of the rich arrangements was there and very impressive. I then listened to the dire straights On every street, where all the rhythmic arrangements were evermore present without taking anything from the very live sound of the master guitar player.

I will go into deep bass music tomorrow or this weekend and will let you know how it goes.

For those who wonder what system i use :

Oracle mark I've turntable
Mark Levinson 436 mono blocks
Accuphase c-280v preamp
3d lab millennium mark 3 dac
"Sure they are powerful, but I now start to believe that they are also capable of generating the most subtle nuances at all frequency levels."

That's an attribute I would attribute to my F5 series 3 models as well, so no surprise to me there with the newer and even more beefed up 5015s.
I too had just traded my ohm Is in for the 5000s. They were excellent speakers. Great for rock and dynamic with enough power.the 5000s are smother through the whole audio spectrum especially the vocals which are very real.. The Is did have a forward midrange .