High Fidelity Cable replaces NPS 1260

The product is going to be called NPS Q45T. Not out yet, but on their Facebook page.

68pete

agisthos

I spoke to  Rick back when he first came out with the NPS1260 (not the Q 45)  and he was trying it on his car might have been a BMW i do not recall for sure. But he was excited about the results. On his car battery and tip of spark plugs ( I have no clue if positive or negative results) He did use it on his car stereo system. If you try please post your findings.

agisthos -

Unfortunately the site is down, but I remember reading that NPS-1260 used a Stabilant 22 base in Rick's own words. I would be a lot happier if I could give you a link, but that's not possible with the site down.

Thinking of the question whether Q45T adds clarity or tonal density: IMO it doesn't add anything, it takes away gunk, noise, glare, crosstalk etc. so the natural stereo imaging, detail, and tone color come through. Similar to using SR fuses or Shunyata power filtering, but taken to the next level.

An update.

Got my NPS Q45T 4-14 and applied it to all connections but AC 4-16.

WOW, WOW, WOW! The change in SQ is equal to or greater than moving from a $3K cartridge to a $13K cartridge. Now music is unlike anything I have ever heard.

The sound is enveloping. Bass lines are brand new. Reality is through the roof. Cymbals are newly full and “complete”. Reed instruments clearly contain the sound of the reed. I could go on but a very noticeable thing is that before when listening to a Pop vocal, I discounted the instruments and enjoyed the nice midrange sound of the voice. Now, the instruments are as clear and important as the voice. Transformative. At night, for 2 channel HT, I hear so much more. Like the sound of a car’s engine. The sound of birds, etc. 

I was thrilled with the original NPS 1260 and had high expectations for the new Q45T. My expectations were exceeded. Incredibly so. Even my wife came into the room and said that it sounded very different and very good. High praise indeed.
Rick said that it takes 40-60 hours to fully take effect.

As far as availability, Rick is no longer selling it. Has licensed it. The Cable Company will have it and a new site called contactenhancer dot com.

The current batch is sold out but it should appear at those two sites soon.