Classical? Chinese Music

I like watching Chinese martial arts movies, especially well made ones like Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon which may have historical settings. One of the main attractions is when the soundtrack contains some beautiful, perhaps historical Chinese music. I don’t know how to characterize that music but I’m sure most of you know what I’m describing. I’d like to learn about it and acquire some.

Do any of you know where I may source some CD’s of that music, or even a book to learn about what kind of music that is. That kind of music might be available on Amazon if I knew what to look for. If you could recommend any particular CD’s that would be wonderful. I’d be interested in finding out the same for Japanese music. Thanks,

Mike

skyscraper

On a family trip to Epcot in Orlando, FL... We went to the "Japan" area store and I came across some of the coolest CD's that introduced me to Erhu music. It's called the Healing Collection. Look for it on Spotify or Qubuz it's on there. Very beautiful music, I sleep to it most nights...

Thank you all for your many suggestions. I will listen to each one and have already started. with mahgister’s linked " Chinese Ancient Music" which is simply beautiful music and exactly what I am looking for. Thank you for that selection mahgister. Looking forward to hearing all the rest.

Mike

Post removed