Classical? Chinese Music

I like watching Chinese martial arts movies, especially well made ones like Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon which may have historical settings. One of the main attractions is when the soundtrack contains some beautiful, perhaps historical Chinese music. I don’t know how to characterize that music but I’m sure most of you know what I’m describing. I’d like to learn about it and acquire some.

Do any of you know where I may source some CD’s of that music, or even a book to learn about what kind of music that is. That kind of music might be available on Amazon if I knew what to look for. If you could recommend any particular CD’s that would be wonderful. I’d be interested in finding out the same for Japanese music. Thanks,

Mike

skyscraper

This is the kind of post I really enjoy. So much music I have never been exposed to and what I have checked out so far has been exceptionally well produced. DaiQuing Tana and Haya Band are Mongolian I believe but absolutely beautiful music. An added benefit is that my system relishes this type of music.

On a family trip to Epcot in Orlando, FL... We went to the "Japan" area store and I came across some of the coolest CD's that introduced me to Erhu music. It's called the Healing Collection. Look for it on Spotify or Qubuz it's on there. Very beautiful music, I sleep to it most nights...