The magic of outdoor listening

I tend to keep one system I can pull outdoors when I am in the mood the freedom from room colorations is an amazing thing. Being outside listening to a great system playing wonderful music is magic. I have a bike race by my home and if the weather is nice many times I'm out jamming I have had large groups of cyclists stop 50 yards from my home to enjoy my music. Last year I has using a giant pair of RCA front horns with a full range in it this year going with a community leviathan system with radial. I pull out a tube amp when I jam outside. When I retire I plan on putting out a permanent outdoor horn system so it is ready to go when I am. Sitting still seated centered in a room all alone is enjoyable at times but also kind of tragic I am happy I have options. Maybe consider the outdoors as one of your listening spaces.

128x128johnk

Get a Sony Walkman to store your digital tunes....use the top Grado in ear phones and take it anywhere with really high end sound

I’m fortunate not to have neighbors. I can’t imagine being on the receiving end of some of the crap that I play.

I have a garage, with a complete sound system that is on wheels, that l wheel out on most  sunny California days, and some nights, and l can blast full wattage to the surrounding vineyards and orchards surrounding  our property.  The garages are each at 90 degree angles, so it creates a semi amphitheater , that exudes beautiful  Melodie's to the birds, and neighbors 250 yards away. It sounds soooo good , l wish l could invite dancers, to enliven the night!!!

My system presently , consists of  a pair of Forte l's that are rehabbed to perfection, a set of Sound Lab subwoofers, an optional set of Emotiva quint surround sound speakers (5), including center channel . I use mainly Apple Music streaming, into Cambridge Dacmagic 200, into a quad of Carver M500T amps, from my Paraound  P/SP 1000 pre amp .  This is my throw together system. I love it , sounds great, and l feel privileged to be able to jam this loud. I will be adding a pair of LaScala speakers to beeeef it up!! In 2 weeks!!!!