Anyone know how good MHDT Labs Paradisea DAC is?

There has been some talk on the net that it is a bit of a bargain. True or false?
raymondr
Hi all. I just purchased a Paradisea and am waiting for it to come. It's amazing to find a piece that is so cheap, and pleases almost everyone who hears it. I read above that some are using a Monarchy to "feed" the DAC. Is this some processor between the transport and the DAC?
You must have been one of two buyers the other day. The DACs normally don't last long on Ebay. You can go here and read up on the Monarchy DIPs .
Gmood1, Yep. I bought it yesterday afternoon. I kept missing them so had Ebay alert me when one came up and I got lucky. It had been sitting there for five hours. An eternity with all the attention these are getting.
I owned the Paradisea for 6 months. I am extemely happy with it. I am using Squeezebox and FLAC for all my digital music. The setup is the original NAIM 5 integrated and NAIM Credo speakers. The Paradisea with WE 396 sounds richer yet as detailed and the NAIM CD 5. The Bendix Redbank 6385 sound very wierd. You get a kind of drunk and uneven sound with much base but noticebly less detail. Non redbank bendix and all other cheaper WE396 clones do not come even close.
I noticed two annoying build mistakes. The four feet are not level and the unit rocks back and forth a bit. I will unscrew a foot and shim it to level. Also, there is no central support for the top cover and the plastic sags 2 or 3mm in the center. I will cement two tiny clear blocks of acrylic to the front and back plates to make a brace. Beautiful construction inside and out, otherwise.