Does Anyone Buy Schiit for the Sake of Schiit?

Most of us I think when buying something where workmanship and materials are less critical than price will go to a discount store like Walmart of Target (I think we've all heard they about calling it Tar-zhay because it's classier than Walmart) or Costco - the sort of stores where what you buy is not the best but it's always good for what you pay for it. I'm wondering, is Schiit the audio equivalent of Target? That is, does anyone buy it because the Schiit gear is particularly good, or merely that it's good for the price? The only Schiit product that I've ever bought is the Asgard as a headphone amp, since I don't use headphones that often, and I wasn't going to put a lot of money into it. Actually, I tried the Vali 2+ at first, and that seemed rather inadequate, so I sent it back and got the Asgard instead. It seems good enough, though I don't have much to compare it to, but it seems to struggle a bit in getting to higher volume levels. 

heretobuy

I think the rear mounted power switches on some items are a big design flaw, but I own a headphone amp & it's quite good.

Yes, they do. Well, I do.
Jotunheim for my Sennheiser HD800s. Very satisfied.
Freya because I wanted remote volume control and source selection and nothing else. I find it transparent in passive mode, and a little more lively in the active modes. Nice product. And cheap!
Gungnir Multibit. I thought there was a meaningful difference when inserting the Gungnir.

Good toys, very fair price and they hold their value well, so you don't bankrupt yourself swapping things in and out.

Their store in Newhall is a blast, very nice folks.

No better or worse to look down on those who spend less than to generalize about those who spend more and ascribe to these people motivations that you dont find kosher. Who cares why people buy what they buy and why even discuss it as it no ones business and you cant possibly know their motivations?

I bought a Schiit Modi 3 to hear how much improvement there would be from a simple DAC. Now my TV serves as a hub for all digital program sources and sends the signal to the Modi 3 over TOSlink. The sound is much improved. I think I'd want to hear an A/B test before spending to improve upon it.