Interesting comment on Bose Speakers.....

I’ve heard quite a few audiophile speakers that used expensive drivers in ways that...well, didn’t suit my taste. Quite a few speakers using Focal tweeters made me feel like that guy in the movie Seven Beauties who went to “better  @@%%@!. Say what you want about Bose but a Bose speaker never made me want to leave the room.
ishkabibil

Bose did it’s research and created exactly what the consumer market wanted, a little loudspeaker that sounded like a big one.

@mijostyn I completely agree, but it doesn’t sound like a good speaker and people are being led to believe, through pure marketing, that it’s actually good hifi. That’s the problem, along with charging relatively high prices while using absurdly cheap components.  It’s purely a marketing/lifestyle product company that falsely portrays itself as high-end audio that deceives general public into believing they’re buying audiophile-level products  

And, just to educate the OP, ATC’s mid drivers cost about $750 each and probably weigh about 100x what the typical crap Bose driver weighs. Bose is a 4-letter word in high-end audio for a reason.

@mijostyn 

You are correct. She was asked to define a women.

LOL. FYI *no one* can define "a women".

Bose speakers are great for the true quality speaker companies who now offer inexpensive excellent sounding products & make them look & sound like what they are - mass marketed junk. Elac, PSB, Paradigm, Polk & many others all make great sounding speakers for under $1000 that put to shame any Bose speaker.

No cheap single driver can possibly cover the full frequency range of music & Play at realistic volume levels no matter how much its artificially equalized. There are some very expensive that sort of do at moderate levels. 

The 901's in their heydays of the 1970's were fun because they could play loud, had a large if very indistinct sound stage & didn't dominate a room's decor but did nothing to keep me involved & wanting to listen more. That to me is the ultimate test for any piece of audio equipment.