Interesting comment on Bose Speakers.....

I’ve heard quite a few audiophile speakers that used expensive drivers in ways that...well, didn’t suit my taste. Quite a few speakers using Focal tweeters made me feel like that guy in the movie Seven Beauties who went to “better  @@%%@!. Say what you want about Bose but a Bose speaker never made me want to leave the room.
ishkabibil

Thank You guys so much for these.  It made my day.  Thank You Thank You Thank You!

”I had a pair of 901vI hanging from the ceiling and a realistic receiver driving them and I was set, happy as I could be. My neighbor turned me on to real hifi and I was miserable for 30 years.”. —-> so funny and spot on!

“I put together a nice system for a friend and it got stolen. He replaced it with a Bose system; We are now no longer friends”. —-> If this is true, good for you!  There’s plenty of people out there who would appreciate a friend like you.  If your ex friend did that, there’s no telling what he could have done in the future!

I personally can appreciate any audio.  Bose is cool because it brings music to a lot of people, period. Another cool thing about bose is that it probably introduces many people into actual high end systems.

I think bose can make some decent sounding products through design,  Thier drivers for the most part are as cheap as they come but by using unique enclosures and designs, they are able to produce something decent.  It would actually be cool to see what bose could make if they used high quality parts.

Lastly, I have fond memories driving my Moms 1993 Acura Legend listening to the Bose system.  I was about 13 years old and Mom would let me drive while she was in the car.  We’d listen to Yanni on cassette.  I still have a soft spot for Acura Legends, Yanni and Bose.

@b_limo had a 1988 Acura legend with stick in the early 2000s. What a car. It felt like a souped up Accord. About a 1,000 times better than my current ride - a base model Nissan Juke that's highly praised for its "unique" styling in the auto industry.  

The funny thing is the Bose are not my Daily Drivers..

I just respect them still.

I always loved the 901 design. In fact I lusted after Gale 401 speakers from UK, which were similar size and sat on pedestals of sorts. Thinking about 901s speaker layout. Using the same size drivers reminds me of modern line source speakers, where the drivers barely move (although they are stacked vertically), but provide a coherent sound. MAYBE turning the 901s to face the listener, and quite possibly a new XO could turn them into something special. Anybody tried this? It would be an interesting thread