Sad to say I need a new amp…

My twenty year old Mesa Tigris went up in smoke last week. It’s so thoroughly overbuilt I thought she would last forever. Lots of smoke and strong pungent odor, actually has to air the house out. I’ll call Mesa but think it’s time for a change…

The Mesa was hooked up to some Totem mites and a small REL subwoofer in my bedroom/office. So far, I’ve done some reading and have come up with some possible replacement. After my smoke out, I’m thinking solid state in the bedroom… I use a little audioengine Bluetooth receiver for my source in my office..

Exposure 2510, VanAlstine SET 120, Belles Aria and Rega Brio all sound like they would work well. Appreciate any input on these or others. Hoping to keep the cost under 2500.  I listen mostly to jazz, classical music..

wb27

@bkeske Not sure where you are, but if you're along the Front Range, I have a tech I'd recommend to you.

Wish Audiogon had a thread for hooking up customers with local techs.

@wb27 

Maybe it’s a supply shortage the reason for 6-8 week wait on a new amp. Give belles a call.

with today's tube shortages strongly recommend to get solid state. I've got Fisher with blown caps and couple of weak tubes and thinking if I should continue with project or just sell it as-is.