Technics SL-1500C or SL-1210GR

I haven't owned a direct drive table since the early 90s when I sold my Kenwood. I thought I was getting out of vinyl at the time for the "perfect sound forever". I'm thinking I might want to check out a current model to compare to my TD-125 mkII. Has anyone used both of the two referenced tables? I don't need the pitch control feature. I don't need the built in phono stage of the 1500C.

128x128hedgehog

It is indeed a 70s vintage turntable, with SME 3009 S2 Improved tonearm. 

Looking at the SL1500C was alluring until I noted the built in phono amp. Crap. That is always a warning to me. Seems like manufacturers are feeling out the crowd as to whether these add on phono amps or USB connection is a way to entice possible clientele. I almost expect it with the less expensive TT, but when I saw it offered on this table, it was a deal breaker. I don't know much about the SL1210GR, but maybe proper attention to the product was given. 

I hear you. I have a coworker who was using a $200 table into his Sonos speaker. And buying audiophile vinyl, some of it 45rpm! I at least convinced him to get a better table with Ortofon 2m blue. He had no idea that he was doing damage to his expensive LPs. Im not sure people like him are going to step up to a $1200 TT? He cried about $700 for a table and record brush. Of course, he loves the better sound. I like the simplicity of the SL-1500C, but Technics should skipped the phono stage in my opinion. They seem to sell out, so they obviously know better than I do. 

I believe either turntable would be worthy. Also worth consideration would be their SL-1200 mk7.

After years in the industry setting up top tier analog systems, I adore my modded 2010 Technics SL-1200 Mk5. What it lacks in sexy snob appeal is more than compensated for in ergonomics & sound performance.