Technics 1200 Series OUTER RING?

We have had literally 100'S of requests over the last 3 years to manufacture an outer ring for the Technics 1200 Series Direct Drive. We have a new customer who has made some modifications to his turntable to clear the power switch and also modified the setting tool to clear the post.

Expect a 25 to 50% reduction in record noise and distortion, we have over 3000 customer worldwide using our outer record clamp.

HELP US OUT ON KICKSTARTER !
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/139447563/technics-1200-series-outer-record-periphery-clamp
ttweights
Hi Larry

I'm interested in the outer ring clamp for my Technics 1200 Mk2 but am curious about the modifications required to accommodate the outer ring. Can a novice who isn't much of DIYer able to perform the modifications so the outer ring can fit? From the picture you posted it looks like I have to cut the power switch to make the ring fit. Also from looking on another forum some years ago TTW had an outer ring for the Technics 1200. How does this newer ring compare to the older ring?

Can you post more videos showing this outer ring with a Technics 1200? Your current videos demonstrate the effectiveness if the outer ring on your more high end tables but I'd love to see the actual ring in use with the Technics.

Thanks
Please support us and we will make them !!We will never recommend the modifications .. period.
Thanks
Nothing better than using the forums for financial gain.
Classy.........
To TTWeights,

Some additional questions.

Have you tested this ring with a Technics 1200 that has the KAB fluid damper installed? Can the periphery ring you are trying to get funding for work with the KAB Fluid damping system already installed on their Technics 1200?

Please advise. Thanks. I find it weird that one can only comment or ask questions on the kickstarter campaign until you've put money down.
At least they are also paying for A'gon listings to promote the outer ring too. I have no problem the posting here in the forum. The lack of responses unless you put down money to the campaign is becoming a problem to me.
The forums are no place for advertising. Audiogon has a classified section for that expressed purpose.
The ring is used on many Technics 1200 tables - some guys do the mods and the ring has been tested extensively on the 1200.

The system is not designed for the KAB fluid damping system will interfere with the setting tool.

That is how kickstarter works, we have to secure enough orders to make the tooling cost feasible, if we have enough on order we can produce the custom tooling.

We are doing this for the many people who have asked, the truth not really interested in making them just trying to help some people out.
it seems the forums are mostly arguments what is the point.

Funny, the Audio industry is at a low point and no one is making money you all think we are rich LOL !!

For the record, we will not make 1200 series rings, the tooling cost is too high and the kickstarter was not a success.

A shame, but it will never happen now BUT many thanks to all who did pledge the 5k ..cheers
Hey Andrew...you have NO FEEDBACK ..thus no credibility maybe you should think about that.
Feedback is a measure of credibility according to whom, you? Funny.
Doesn't change the fact that using the forums for financial gain is both unethical and classless.
Want more?
Our feedback is 100% everywhere, that is credibility. The fact Audiogon supports us seems to bother you, no one is forcing you to be here and everyone would be better off if you did not comment because your comments a waste of everyone's time.
The forums are here to help people, not for people who just want to make nasty comments because they(you) feel some what inadequate and angry.
Please have some consideration for those who are serious and actually buy things on Audiogon and have some feedback.
PS Mr Totem - another with ZERO feedback funny how the real Audiophiles with feedback have good conversation to offer, thanks for your valuable comments :-))))
Wow, you're really upset. I thought fat guys were supposed to be jovial.

And once again, there is no positive correlation between feedback and credibility. You prove that in every post especially when you're selling in the forums.

Lighten up lightweight.
Your "fat guys" comment is as amateur as it was in the the other thread.
Use your imagination, that same thing that convinces you that you are intelligent and funny.
Most of us are here to improve our audio systems, the listening experience and share music, not to degrade comradery.
Walk this Andrew. Who are you to call out anyone and act like the frigging internet forum police. Let the moderators decide. Go away troll.
Good to hear from you Sam, although you should use your study hall time more judiciously.
Jeepers, the fat Canadian is gone. Just like his early attempts at the turntable business.
You know, those tables with the funky bearings and faulty speed controllers?
Talk to us TTLightweights.........
Doesn't look like anyone wants to play anymore Andrew. Study Hall is calling you.
Oh snap Sammy, that is so clever. Here's one you'll like:
Mom is calling. Your peanut butter and jelly is ready.
Followed your lead Andrew. Goober grape stains so hopefully you have a good supply of bibs.
You need new material Sammy. The goober grape thing is as stale as your double wide.