Are there speakers that disappear regardless of the recording?

I have a pair of B&W 805d3’s. Strictly analog system. Source is the Clearaudio Ovation, Hana SL cart. Herron VTPH-2A phono stage. Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II integrated amp. The speakers sound great most of the time. I have many records that cause the speakers to essentially disappear with a holographic sound stage, beautiful imaging and great dynamics. Some other records, not so much. Curious if there’s a way to achieve disappearing speakers no matter what recording you throw at them? Thanks!

paulgardner

Kef LS50s do exactly that. I have two pairs now in "other" rooms.  My main system uses Canton floor sanders and have their own merits but the LS50s once positioned properly, absolutely do "disappear".  I proved this when I had my kids over testing some other speakers and they had no clue where the sound was coming from until I connected the "other" speakers.

@jasonbourne52

Agree 100% my current fave that turns my ProAcs into ninjas: Doug Macleod “Exactly Like this” (Reference Recordings) hi-rez on Qobuz. 😎

@ ishkabibil

Ever played a Beatles song where George Martin pans hard right or left?

A. Imaging i.e. locating instruments in space ain’t the same as

B.. speakers disappearing (does not require A)

The question is B and we’ve listed a number of speakers in this thread which one can go and listen to and experience B however people keep saying no A isn’t possible which isn’t the question or the same thing..  And if you don't know what I'm talking about--trying listening to one of the mentioned speakers for yourself and see  if I/we are correct or not.

Sorry to say but the question you post is ridiculous. They will not be a speaker that disappears for every recording.  The question is like asking is there a speaker that will have bass for every recording.   There are some speakers that are excellent are disappearing but speaker placement is especially important at achieving this.  I’ve also seen and heard many speakers that are not particularly known as disappearing speakers but when setup correctly, they did disappear very well.  I feel room treatment and speaker positioning and placement goes a super long way in getting any speaker to disappear. 

If you want disappearance in locations other than the sweet spot, then you’ll have to look to Omni…. Ohm Walsh… Omni or as you mention MBL… Maggie’s aren’t in this category. I have never been a Ohm fan… but my partner had a pair when we met, she liked the indirectness of them.