Considering buying a used Gryphon Diablo 250

I have an opportunity to buy a mint Gryphon Diablo 250 at a very good price. I know it is not as good as the latest Diablo 300 but given than the price is almost a third of that of a used Diablo 300 should I be buying it?  Does the newer Diablo sound that much better?

greg_f

Jay posted this the other day on the hidden costs (especially now) of buying large amps that might need to go back to the factory. I wouldn’t let it scare you, especially if you’re able to audition it and there is a transferable warranty, but shipping both ways on your dime can get expensive these days.

Thanks guys, it has sold to someone else already. Next time I should move faster.

If you you want to go Gryphon, watch for a Diablo 120, stellar integrated. BTW, Gryphons aren’t known to have many issues. Buying used shouldn’t be a problem, just try to know the history.

A friend of mine who was a Gryphon fanatic for a good 6 years with various amps moved to Aries Cerat and does not regret it.

I have been following Gryphon for many years, I have never heard of any issues in almost all their products. Their design and manufacturing quality is second to none. I have no issue buying a used Gryphon product. I was just wondering how the original Diablo sounded in comparison to the newer one, that's all. 

@phantom_av The Aries Cerat is totally different to Gryphon.